Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 02/28/2017 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2017 AT 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
1. Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
At this time members of the public may address the Planning Commission on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a “Request to Speak” form and limit your comments to three minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Approval of minutes of February 14, 2017.
For all Public Hearings on the agenda, a completed “Request to Speak” form must be filed with the Executive Assistant prior to consideration of that item.
A person may submit written comments to the Planning Commission before a public hearing or appear in support or opposition to the approval of a project(s). If you challenge a project(s) in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing or in written correspondence delivered to the City at, or prior to the public hearing.
Beginning Resolution No. 2017-003
1. Conditional Use Permit 2016-0004 submitted by Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., proposing an outdoor displays and sales at the existing Home Depot. CEQA: exempt from environmental review pursuant to Section 15301 in that the proposed project can be characterized as an existing facility. Location: 79900 Highway 111
1. Sign Program Amendment 2016-0003 (SAPR 1997-383, Amendment 1) submitted by Global Sign Systems, LLC proposing to amend the Sign Program for Jefferson Plaza Shopping Center. CEQA: exempt from environmental review pursuant to Section 15301 in that the proposed project can be characterized as an existing facility in that this proposal includes the addition of on-premise signs. Location: 79-700 Highway 111
2. Discuss Amendments to the La Quinta Municipal Code Section 9.60.030 Fences and Walls.
CORRESPONDENCE AND WRITTEN MATERIAL - None
1. Century La Quinta Theater Landscape Status Update
The next regular meeting of the Planning Commission will be held on March 14, 2017, commencing at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Wanda Wise-Latta, Executive Assistant of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta Planning Commission meeting was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on February 24, 2017.
DATED: February 24, 2017
WANDA WISE-LATTA, Executive Assistant
City of La Quinta, California
The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7123, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Commission, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7123. A one (1) week notice is required.
If background material is to be presented to the Commission during a Planning Commission meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the Secretary for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Design and Development Department’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.