The Planning Division staff is available at City Hall Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to answer any questions regarding planning and zoning regulations, growth and development, and to assist you with any questions regarding development applications. The Planning Application is provide below that allows for an applicant to apply for various case types. Please review the submittal requirements for each case type listed below and include any required information with the Planning Application.
Submit and pay your permits/projects online using e-TRAKiT!
- Pre-Application Review
- General Plan Amendment (GPA)
- Zone Change (ZC)
- Planned Unit Development (PUD)
- Specific Plan (SP)
- Site Development Permit (SDP)
- Village Use Permit (VUP)
- Final Landscape Plan (FLP)
- Sign Permit: Permanent (SA-P) (Application) (fillable form)
- Sign Permit: Sign Program (SA-PR)
- Sign Permit: Temporary (SA-T) (Application) (fillable form)
- Sign Permit: Political Campaign Signs (SA-P)(FAQ and Application)
- Environmental Assessment Form (EA)
- Certificate of Compliance (COC)
- Reversion to Acreage (Application) (fillable form)
- Waiver to Underground Wiring Requirements (Application) (fillable form)
- Quimby Fee Worksheet
- Application for Appeal (Application) (fillable form)
For a copy of the Planning Division Master Fee Schedule, click here.
To contact the City of La Quinta Design and Development Department Planning Division:
call: (760) 777-7125