Drought Declared Over by Governor/La Quinta to Address Landscape Requirements
- In January of 2014, Governor Brown declared a drought emergency.
- The City temporarily reduced landscape maintenance to requiring landscape to be cut, edged, and maintained.
- Watering was not required however residents could not create a fire hazard.
- Residents are expressing concern about neighborhood appearances degrading.
- This April, CA Governor Brown terminated the drought state of emergency.
- Other desert cities are restoring their landscape maintenance enforcement.
- La Quinta is restoring full landscape maintenance enforcement this October.
- In the interim, the City is publicizing the transition to full maintenance of yards.
- Please restore your yards with landscaping consisting of lawn, or desert landscape (which includes decomposed granite, in combination with some colored gravel, spotted plants and a supporting irrigation system).
La Quinta Municipal Code 9.50.090 (A) 8, 9, 10, & 11
La Quinta Municipal Code 9.60.030 (F) (1)
La Quinta Municipal Code 9.60.230 (E) (3)