The Planning Commission (PC), established in 1982, is coordinated by the Design and Development Department and is comprised of five members appointed by the City Council. The Commission’s regularly scheduled meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The Commission’s primary function is to carry out the powers and duties as prescribed in the Planning and Zoning Laws of the State of California and the City of La Quinta Zoning Ordinance, as well as to serve as an advisory body to the City Council. The Planning Commission’s duties include developing and maintaining the City’s General Plan, consideration of new development applications, design review of new developments, development of specific plans, and similar planning duties.
For more information about the PC, contact us at email@example.com or (760) 777-7125.
Applications are accepted all year long and kept on file in the Clerk's office until a vacancy needs to be filled. For an Application to serve on the PC, click here. For a current list of Commission Members, click here.
ABOUT AGENDAS, STAFF REPORTS AND MINUTES
The Minutes for the Planning Commission meetings will not be available until they have been approved at the next regular meeting.
The meeting agendas are typically available not less than 72 hours prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on one of the Event links below.
Staff reports (unsigned, without attachments) are available by clicking on the item titles listed on the agenda, but may not be the latest version, as the City of La Quinta reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For signed copies of staff reports, as well as any accompanying attachments, you may contact the Design and Development Department at (760) 777-7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR AGENDAS FOR CURRENT MEETINGS, GO TO THE CALENDAR
Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 06/26/2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: La Quinta City Hall
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
CLICK HERE TO PRINT AGENDA IN PDF. FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING on TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2018 AT 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Commissioners Bettencourt, Caldwell, Currie, McCune, Proctor, Wright and Chairperson Quill.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the Planning Commission on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "Request to Speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The Planning Commission values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS – None
1. APPROVE MINUTES OF JUNE 12, 2018
BUSINESS SESSION - None
STUDY SESSION - None
1. SPECIFIC PLAN 2017-0002, TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP 2017-0003, SITE DEVELOPMENT PERMIT 2017-0009 AND ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT 2017-0006 SUBMITTED BY LUNDIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PROPOSING A 125,000 SQUARE-FOOT SHOPPING CENTER WITH THREE DRIVE-THROUGH BUILDINGS AND A 63,000 SQUARE-FOOT SUPERMARKET WITH ASSOCIATED VEHICLE FUEL CENTER, AND A MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT. PROJECT:PAVILION PALMS SHOPPING CENTER. CEQA: ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT 2017-0006 WAS PREPARED FOR THIS PROJECT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT AND IT WAS DETERMINED THAT ALTHOUGH THE PROPOSED PROJECT COULD HAVE A SIGNIFICANT EFFECT ON THE ENVIRONMENT, THERE WILL NOT BE A SIGNIFICANT EFFECT BECAUSE MITIGATION MEASURES HAVE BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE PROJECT.LOCATION: NORTHWEST CORNER OF AVENUE 50 AND JEFFERSON STREET.[RESOLUTION NO. 2018-009]
2. SITE DEVELOPMENT PERMIT 2018-0006 SUBMITTED BY THE CITY OF LA QUINTA RECOMMENDING THAT THE CITY COUNCIL APPROVE SITE DEVELOPMENT PERMIT 2018-0006, INCLUDING SITE, ARCHITECTURAL, AND LANDSCAPING PLANS FOR AN APPROXIMATELY 14 ACRE PASSIVE PARK VENUE WITHIN PLANNING AREA 11 OF THE SILVERROCK SPECIFIC PLAN. CEQA: THE PROJECT WAS PREVIOUSLY REVIEWED UNDER ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT 2014-1003.THE PROJECT IS CONSISTENT WITH THE ANALYSIS PREVIOUSLY APPROVED.NO FURTHER ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW IS REQUIRED UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT location:SOUTHEAST CORNER OF AVENUE 52 AND SILVERROCK WAY. [RESOLUTION NO. 2018-010]
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS - None
1. SILVERROCK EVENT SITE AD HOC COMMITTEE UPDATE
STAFF ITEMS - None
The next regular meeting of the Planning Commission will be held on July 10, 2018, commencing at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Wanda Wise-Latta, Commission Secretary of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta Planning Commission meeting was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on June 22, 2018.
DATED: June 21, 2018
WANDA WISE-LATTA, Commission Secretary
City of La Quinta, California
The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Commission, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118. A one (1) week notice is required.
If background material is to be presented to the Commission during a Planning Commission meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the Executive Assistant for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Design and Development Department’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.