Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 01/22/2019 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
78495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
CLICK HERE TO PRINT AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING on TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Commissioners Bettencourt, Caldwell, Currie, Proctor, Quill, Wright and Chairperson McCune.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the Planning Commission on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "Request to Speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The Planning Commission values your comments; however, in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS – None
1. APPROVE MINUTES DATED JANUARY 8, 2019
BUSINESS SESSION - None
1. ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENT 2018-0004 SUBMITTED BY THE CITY OF LA QUINTA PROPOSING TO AMEND SECTIONS 9.170.020 DEFINITIONS AND 9.170.060 APPROVAL STANDARDS OF THE LA QUINTA MUNICIPAL CODE TO ADD STANDARDS FOR SMALL CELL ANTENNAS. CEQA: EXEMPT FROM ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT PURSUANT TO SECTION 15061 (B)(3), REVIEW FOR EXEMPTIONS – COMMON SENSE RULE.LOCATION:CITY-WIDE. [RESOLUTION 2019-002]
2. SPECIFIC PLAN 2018-0002 (SP 2008-085 AMENDMENT 1) SUBMITTED BY THE CITY OF LA QUINTA PROPOSING TO AMEND SPECIFIC PLAN 2008-085, HIGHWAY 111 AND DUNE PALMS SPECIFIC PLAN, TO ALLOW FOR COMMERCIAL AND/OR MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT ON THE NORTHERN ±10 ACRE PORTION OF THE SPECIFIC PLAN AREA, AND REVISE DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS. CEQA: RECOMMEND CERTIFICATION OF A MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT [RESOLUTION 2019-003]
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS - None
1. 2019 COMMUNITY WORKSHOP RECAP (VERBAL PRESENTATION)
2. PLANNING COMMISSION ATTENDANCE AT LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES PLANNING COMMISSION ACADEMY MARCH 6-8, 2019 (VERBAL PRESENTATION)
The next regular meeting of the Planning Commission will be held on February 12, 2019, commencing at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Wanda Wise-Latta, Commission Secretary, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta Planning Commission meeting was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on January 18, 2019.
DATED: January 18, 2019
WANDA WISE-LATTA, Commission Secretary
City of La Quinta, California
The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Commission, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118. A one (1) week notice is required.
If background material is to be presented to the Commission during a Planning Commission meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the Executive Assistant for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Design and Development Department’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.