Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 03/26/2019 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
78495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
CLICK HERE TO PRINT AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBER
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING on TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Commissioners Bettencourt, Caldwell, Currie, Proctor, Quill, Wright and Chairperson McCune.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the Planning Commission on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "Request to Speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The Planning Commission values your comments; however, in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS – None
1. APPROVE MINUTES DATED MARCH 12, 2019
BUSINESS SESSION - None
STUDY SESSION - None
Declarations regarding Public Contacts.
1. SPECIFIC PLAN 2018-0003 SUBMITTED BY THE CITY OF LA QUINTA PROPOSING TO MODIFY LANDSCAPING AND SIGNAGE STANDARDS WITHIN PLANNING AREA 1 AND PERMITTING INDOOR SELF STORAGE AS AN ALLOWABLE USE IN PLANNING AREA 3 OF THE CENTRE AT LA QUINTA SPECIFIC PLAN.PROJECT: CENTRE AT LA QUINTA. CEQA: EXEMPT FROM THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT ON THE BASIS THAT THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN MINOR AMENDMENTS TO EXISTING FACILITIES AND THE REPLACEMENT AND RECONSTRUCTION OF SIDEWALKS AND LANDSCAPING (GUIDELINES SECTION 15301 AND 15302).LOCATION: SOUTHSIDE OF HIGHWAY 111, BETWEEN ADAMS STREET AND DUNE PALMS ROAD. [RESOLUTION NUMBER 2019-005]
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS - None
1. REPORT ON LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES PLANNING COMMISSION ACADEMY HELD IN LONG BEACH, MARCH 6-8, 2019
1. VERBAL REPORT ON HIGHWAY 111 WORKSHOP
The next regular meeting of the Planning Commission will be held on April 9, 2019, commencing at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chamber, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Wanda Wise-Latta, Commission Secretary, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta Planning Commission meeting was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on March 21, 2019.
DATED: March 21, 2019
WANDA WISE-LATTA, Commission Secretary
City of La Quinta, California
The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Commission, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118. A one (1) week notice is required.
If background material is to be presented to the Commission during a Planning Commission meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the Executive Assistant for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Design and Development Department’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.