Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Meeting
Open Session begins at 4:00; Closed Session to Follow
- Date: 04/15/2014 5:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2014 AT 4:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL:Councilmembers: Evans, Franklin, Henderson, Osborne, Mayor Adolph
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
PRESENTATIONS – NONE
WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS – NONE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. MINUTES OF APRIL 1, 2014
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVE DEMAND REGISTER DATED APRIL 15, 2014
2. RECEIVE AND FILE TREASURER’S REPORT DATED JANUARY 31, 2014
3. RECEIVE AND FILE REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE REPORTS DATED JANUARY 31, 2014
4. ADOPT RESOLUTION REAFFIRMING ANNUAL ASSESSMENT FOR COUNTY SERVICE AREA 152, AUTHORIZE RIVERSIDE COUNTY TO CONTINUE TO LEVY ASSESSMENTS, AND INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE COUNTY HARMLESS FOR LEVYING ASSESSMENTS ON CITY PARCELS [RESOLUTION 2014-012]
5. ACCEPT ON-SITE IMPROVEMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH TRACT MAP NO. 33076-1, MADISON CLUB
6. EXCUSE BOARD MEMBER JENNIFER DONAIS’ ABSENCE FROM THE APRIL 9, 2014 INVESTMENT ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
7. APPROVE CONTRACT EXTENSION WITH SANTA FE BUILDING MAINTENANCE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2014/15 JANITORIAL SERVICES
8. AWARD CONTRACT TO ACE ELECTRIC, INC., FOR SPORTS COMPLEX LIGHTING, REHABILITATION AND EXPANSION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
9. AWARD CONTRACT TO BW SIMMONS FOR PHASE II OF AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT PUBLIC FACILITY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
1. APPROVE SILVERROCK RESORT FISCAL YEAR 2014/15 ANNUAL PLAN INCLUDING PURCHASE AND LEASE OF MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT
2. APPROVE A COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT WITH THE COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE TO PROVIDE FIRE PROTECTION, FIRE PREVENTION, RESCUE AND MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICES
3. ADOPT RESOLUTION AMENDING AND RESTATING RULES OF PROCEDURE FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS AND RELATED FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES [RESOLUTION 2014-013]
4. APPOINT VOTING DELEGATE FOR THE 2014 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS (SCAG) GENERAL ASSEMBLY
1. CLASS AND COMPENSATION STUDY – FINAL REPORT
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. CVAG CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Evans)
2. CVAG ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Evans)
3. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (Evans)
4. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (Franklin)
5. CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS INSURANCE AUTHORITY (Franklin)
6. COACHELLA VALLEY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (Franklin)
7. COACHELLA VALLEY MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (Franklin)
8. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (Franklin)
9. CVAG PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Henderson)
10. CVAG TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (Henderson)
11. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES DELEGATE (Henderson)
12. RIVERSIDE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION (Henderson)
13. CVAG VALLEY-WIDE HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE (Osborne)
14. DESERT SANDS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMITTEE (Osborne & Franklin)
15. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
16. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INFO EXCHANGE COMMITTEE (Adolph)
17. COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT JOINT POLICY COMMITTEE (Adolph)
18. CVAG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Adolph)
19. SO. CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS DELEGATE (Adolph)
20. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY (Adolph)
21. PALM SPRINGS AIRPORT COMMISSION REPORT
1. CITY MANAGER
2. CITY ATTORNEY
3. CITY CLERK
A. UPCOMING EVENTS AND CITY COUNCIL CALENDAR
B. MUNICIPAL CODE UPDATE PROJECT
4. COMMUNITY SERVICES
A. DEPARTMENT REPORT – MARCH 2014
B. MARKETING QUARTERLY REPORT
5. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
A. DEPARTMENT REPORT – MARCH 2014
B. FOOD TRUCK ORDINANCE REVIEW
6. PUBLIC WORKS REPORT – MARCH 2014
7. POLICE DEPARTMENT QUARTERLY REPORT
8. FIRE DEPARTMENT QUARTERLY REPORT
MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBER’S ITEMS
PUBLIC HEARINGS - NONE
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS, SKI HARRISON AND TERRY DEERINGER, REGARDING NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE LA QUINTA CITY EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6 MEET AND CONFER PROCESS
RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION
RECONVENE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on May 6, 2014, commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on April 11, 2014.
DATED: April 11, 2014
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Planning Commission during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Community Development counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.