Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Meeting
No Closed Session Open Session begins at 4:00
- Date: 12/02/2014 4:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2014 AT 4:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Councilmembers: Evans, Franklin, Henderson, Osborne, Mayor Adolph
CLOSED SESSION – NONE
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVE MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 18, 2014
2. SECOND READING OF ORDINANCE NO. 521 AMENDING SECTION 3.30.050 OF THE MUNICIPAL CODE PERTAINING TO PREVAILING WAGE REQUIREMENTS
3. SECOND READING OF ORDINANCE NO. 522 APPROVING ZONE CHANGE 2014-146 REZONING PROPERTY LOCATED AT 51-351 AVENIDA BERMUDAS
4. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY HUONG THI THU DANG; DATE OF LOSS – AUGUST 24, 2014
5. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY TADROS AND ELAINE TADROS; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
6. DEMAND REGISTERS DATED NOVEMBER 14 AND NOVEMBER 21, 2014
7. RATIFY EMERGENCY CONTRACT WITH O & J GOLF CONSTRUCTION, INC. TO REPAIR STORM DAMAGE AT SILVERROCK GOLF COURSE
1. ADOPT A RESOLUTION CERTIFYING THE OFFICIAL CANVASS OF ELECTION RETURNS FOR THE GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION HELD NOVEMBER 4, 2014 [RESOLUTION 2014-066]
RECESS MEETING FOR RECEPTION HONORING OUTGOING MAYOR ADOLPH AND COUNCIL MEMBER HENDERSON
FOLLOWING RECEPTION, CITY CLERK ADMINISTERS THE OATH OF OFFICE TO THE NEWLY-ELECTED OFFICIALS
CITY CLERK TO PRESENT CERTIFICATES OF ELECTION TO THE NEWLY-ELECTED OFFICIALS
MAYOR EVANS RECONVENES THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
ROLL CALL: Councilmembers Franklin, Osborne, Peña, Radi, Mayor Evans
BUSINESS SESSION CONTINUED
2. SELECT A MAYOR PRO TEMPORE TO SERVE FOR ONE YEAR
3. APPOINT MEMBER TO DESERT CLASSIC CHARITIES CHARITY EVALUATION COMMITTEE
4. APPOINT A CITY COUNCIL MEMBER TO THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WORKSHOP INFORMATION EXCHANGE COMMITTEE
STUDY SESSION – NONE
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. CVAG CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Evans)
2. CVAG ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Evans)
3. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (Evans)
4. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (Franklin)
5. CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS INSURANCE AUTHORITY (Franklin)
6. COACHELLA VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Franklin)
7. COACHELLA VALLEY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (Franklin)
8. COACHELLA VALLEY MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (Franklin)
9. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (Franklin)
10. CVAG PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
11. CVAG TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
12. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES DELEGATE
13 RIVERSIDE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION
14. CVAG VALLEY-WIDE HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE (Osborne)
15. DESERT SANDS SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMITTEE (Osborne & Franklin)
16. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
17. COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT POLICY COMMITTEE
18. CVAG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
19. SO. CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS DELEGATE
20. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY
1. CITY MANAGER
2. CITY ATTORNEY
3. COMMUNITY SERVICES
A. LIBRARY AND MUSEUM QUARTERLY REPORT
4. PUBLIC WORKS
A. UPDATE ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2014 STORM CLEANUP EFFORTS
MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBER’S ITEMS
PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on December 16, 2014, commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted on the City’s website, near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on November 26, 2014.
DATED: November 26, 2014
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Councilmembers during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Community Development counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.