Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or email@example.com
City Council Meeting
No Closed Session; Open Session begins at 5:00
- Date: 11/04/2014 5:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2014 AT 5:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Councilmembers: Evans, Franklin, Henderson, Osborne, Mayor Adolph
CLOSED SESSION - NONE
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
1. GOVERNMENT FINANCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT FOR EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL REPORTING FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDING JUNE 30, 2013
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVE MINUTES OF OCTOBER 21, 2014
2. APPROVE DEMAND REGISTERS DATED OCTOBER 17, OCTOBER 20, AND OCTOBER 24, 2014
3. APPROVE TWO YEAR EXTENSION TO BANKING SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH WELLS FARGO BANK
4. APPROVE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT AND RELEASE BETWEEN SAVE OUR LA QUINTA NEIGHBORHOOD, THE CITY OF LA QUINTA AND LQR PROPERTY, LLC AND ACCEPT SURRENDER OF ENTITLEMENTS FOR SIGNATURE POOL PROJECT AT LA QUINTA RESORT HOTEL
5. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY VERIZON; DATE OF LOSS – APRIL 16, 2014
6. ADOPT A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT WITH DESERT LAND HOLDINGS, LLC FOR SALE OF CERTAIN CITY PROPERTY LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF JEFFERSON STREET BETWEEN PALM CIRCLE DRIVE AND THE WHITEWATER CHANNEL [RESOLUTION 2014-058]
BUSINESS SESSION - NONE
STUDY SESSION - NONE
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. CVAG CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Evans)
2. CVAG ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Evans)
3. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (Evans)
4. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (Franklin)
5. CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS INSURANCE AUTHORITY (Franklin)
6. COACHELLA VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Franklin)
7. COACHELLA VALLEY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (Franklin)
8. COACHELLA VALLEY MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (Franklin)
9. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (Franklin)
10. CVAG PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Henderson)
11. CVAG TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (Henderson)
12. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES DELEGATE (Henderson)
13 RIVERSIDE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION (Henderson)
14. CVAG VALLEY-WIDE HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE (Osborne)
15. SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMITTEE (Osborne & Franklin)
16. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
17. COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT POLICY COMMITTEE (Adolph)
18. CVAG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Adolph)
19. SO. CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS DELEGATE (Adolph)
20. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY (Adolph)
1. CITY MANAGER - COACHELLA VALLEY ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS’ MODEL ORDINANCE FOR NEW FEE: DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE VEHICLE IMPOUND RECOVERY FEE
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
A. QUARTERLY DEPARTMENT REPORT
B. MUNICIPAL CODE AMENDMENT ADDRESSING AGRICULTURAL AND TRADE SCHOOL USES
3. PUBLIC WORKS – UPDATE ON SEPTEMBER STORM REPAIRS
MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBER’S ITEMS
PUBLIC HEARINGS – 5:00 P.M.
For all Public Hearings on the agenda, a completed “Request to Speak” form must be filed with the City Clerk prior to consideration of that item.
A person may submit written comments to City Council before a public hearing or appear in support or opposition to the approval of a project(s). If you challenge a project(s) in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing or in written correspondence delivered to the City at, or prior to the public hearing.
1. ADOPT RESOLUTIONS APPROVING THE ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT AND PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT, AND INTRODUCE AN ORDINANCE APPROVING THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT WITH SILVERROCK DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, LLC FOR THE SILVERROCK RESORT PROJECT
[RESOLUTIONS 2014-059 AND 2014-060]
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on November 18, 2014, commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted on the City’s website, near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on October 31, 2014.
DATED: October 31, 2014
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Councilmembers during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Community Development counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.