Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Meeting
Open Session begins at 4:00; Closed Session To Follow
- Date: 04/01/2014 5:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY, APRIL 1, 2014 AT 4:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL:Councilmembers: Evans, Franklin, Henderson, Osborne, Mayor Adolph
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
1. INTRODUCTION OF NEW SUNLINE GENERAL MANAGER LAUREN SKIVER
WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS – NONE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. MINUTES OF MARCH 18, 2014
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVE DEMAND REGISTER DATED APRIL 1, 2014
2. APPROVAL OF A JOINT USE OF FACILITY AND SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF COACHELLA VALLEY
3. EXCUSE COMMISSIONER FITZPATRICK’S ABSENCE FROM THE APRIL 14, 2014 COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION MEETING
4. ADOPT RESOLUTION GRANTING APPROVAL OF A FINAL MAP FOR TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP 36539-R, A REVERSION TO ACREAGE CONSOLIDATING PARCEL MAP 29052 AND DIRECT STAFF TO RELEASE SECURITIES ASSOCIATED WITH PARCEL MAP 29052 [RESOLUTION 2014- 011]
5. APPROVE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH HR GREEN CALIFORNIA, INC. TO PROVIDE ON-CALL ENGINEERING PLAN CHECK SERVICES
1. APPROVE SECOND ROUND COMMUNITY SERVICES GRANTS AND FUNDING REQUESTS
STUDY SESSION – NONE
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. CVAG CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Evans)
2. CVAG ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Evans)
3. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (Evans)
4. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (Franklin)
5. CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS INSURANCE AUTHORITY (Franklin)
6. COACHELLA VALLEY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (Franklin)
7. COACHELLA VALLEY MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (Franklin)
8. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (Franklin)
9. CVAG PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Henderson)
10. CVAG TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (Henderson)
11. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES DELEGATE (Henderson)
12. RIVERSIDE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION (Henderson)
13. CVAG VALLEY-WIDE HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE (Osborne)
14. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
15. DESERT SANDS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMITTEE (Osborne & Franklin)
16. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INFO EXCHANGE COMMITTEE (Adolph)
17. COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT JOINT POLICY COMMITTEE (Adolph)
18. CVAG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Adolph)
19. SO. CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS DELEGATE (Adolph)
20. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY (Adolph)
21. PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES DATED JANUARY 28, 2014
22. PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES DATED FEBRUARY 25, 2014
23. INVESTMENT ADVISORY BOARD MINUTES DATED JANUARY 8, 2014
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
A. 2014 INDIO POLO FIELDS GOLDENVOICE CONCERTS UPDATE
B. RESPONSE TO PUBLIC COMMENT ON MARCH 18, 2014 - MR. PHILLIP PETTIBONE
2. FINANCE – RESPONSE TO PUBLIC COMMENT ON MARCH 18, 2014 - DOG LICENSE FEE WAIVER
MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBER’S ITEMS
PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
1. CONFERENCE WITH THE CITY’S REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR, FRANK J. SPEVACEK, PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.8 CONCERNING THE POTENTIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACQUISITION AND/OR DISPOSITION OF REAL PROPERTY LOCATED AT SILVERROCK RESORT (APN’S 770-200-026; 776-150-021; 776-150-023; 770-060-056; 770-060-057; 770-060-058; 770-060-059; 770-060-061; 770-060-062; 777-490-004; 777-490-006; 777-490-007; 777-490-012 AND 777-490-014). PROPERTY BUYERS/NEGOTIATORS: JOHN GAMLIN, MERIWETHER COMPANIES; ROBERT S. GREEN, JR., THE ROBERT GREEN COMPANY
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS, SKI HARRISON AND TERRY DERRINGER, REGARDING NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE LA QUINTA CITY EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6 MEET AND CONFER PROCESS
RECESS TO CLOSED SESSION
RECONVENE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on April 15, 2014, commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on March 28, 2014.
DATED: March 28, 2014
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Planning Commission during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Community Development counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.