The Community Services Commission (CSC), established in 1998, is coordinated by the Community Resources Department and is comprised of five members appointed by the City Council. The Commission’s regularly scheduled meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
The Commission’s primary functions are to make recommendations to the City Council by analyzing community services’ program effectiveness and needs; researching and soliciting of grants and donations; preparing and maintaining community services master plans; recommending fees and operations policies regarding parks and recreation facilities; proposing recreation and social programs; publicizing and promoting the City’s recreation programs; reviewing parks’ maintenance standards and quality; making recommendations on community issues; evaluation and planning of the community service delivery system; encouraging and promoting understanding and cooperation between the City and public safety agencies; fostering mutual understanding and respect among racial, religious, cultural and nationality groups; and other similar community services programs.
For more information about the CSC, contact us at CommunityServicesCommission@laquintaca.gov or (760) 777-7106.
Applications are accepted all year long and kept on file in the Clerk's office until a vacancy needs to be filled. For an Application to serve on the CSC, click here. For a list of current Committee members, click here.
ABOUT AGENDAS, STAFF REPORTS AND MINUTES
The minutes for the CSC meetings will not be available until they have been approved at the next regular meeting.
The meeting agendas are typically available not less than 72 hours prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on one of the Event links below.
Staff reports (unsigned, without attachments) are available by clicking on the item titles listed on the agenda, but may not be the latest version, as the City of La Quinta reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For signed copies of staff reports, as well as any accompanying attachments, you may contact the Community Resources Department at (760) 777-7106 or CommunityServicesCommission@laquintaca.gov.
FOR AGENDAS FOR CURRENT MEETINGS, GO TO THE CALENDAR.
COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION
- Date: 10/13/2014 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: CITY HALL STUDY SESSION ROOM
78495 CALLE TAMPICO
LA QUINTA, California 92253
REGULAR MEETING ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2014 AT 5:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the Commission on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The Commission values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
1. PRESENTATION BY THE LA QUINTA LIBRARY
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF JULY 14, 2014
1. APPROVE COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION MEETING DATES
1. UPDATE ON THE ADOPT-A-PARK PROGRAM
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. ART MAINTENANCE PRIORITIES FOR 2014/15
2. UPDATE OF SENIOR CENTER EXPANSION AND FACILITY RENOVATION
3. DEPARTMENT REPORT FOR JULY AND AUGUST 2014
4. REPORT FROM COMMISSIONERS REGARDING MEETINGS ATTENDED
5. CALENDAR OF MONTHLY EVENTS
The next regular meeting of the Community Services Commission will be held on November 10, 2014, commencing at 5:30 p.m. at the La Quinta Study Session Room, 78495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Angela Guereque, Executive Assistant, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta Community Services Commission meeting was posted on the bulletin board inside City Hall at 78495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at 78630 Highway 111 and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51321 Avenida Bermudas, on October 9, 2014.
DATED: October 9, 2014
ANGELA GUEREQUE, Executive Assistant
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta Study Session Room is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Commission, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Commissioners during a Commission meeting, please be advised that six (6) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the Secretary for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.