Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Meeting
No Closed Session; Open Session begins at 4:00
- Date: 01/20/2015 4:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2015 AT 4:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Councilmembers: Franklin, Osborne, Peña, Radi, Mayor Evans
CLOSED SESSION - NONE
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
1. PUBLIC WORKS AWARD FROM AMERICAN PUBLIC WORKS ASSOCIATION
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVE MINUTES OF JANUARY 6, 2015
2. ADOPT RESOLUTION REQUESTING ENERGY EFFICIENCY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION [RESOLUTION 2015-004]
3. ADOPT RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AMENDMENT TO WESTERN RIVERSIDE COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENTS’ JOINT POWERS AGREEMENT ADDING CITY OF LA QUINTA AS AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CALIFORNIA HOME ENERGY RENOVATION OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM [RESOLUTION 2015-005]
4. APPROVE OVERNIGHT TRAVEL FOR THE CITY CLERK TO ATTEND QUARTERLY LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA – JANUARY 16, 2015
5. APPROVE DEMAND REGISTERS DATED DECEMBER 19, DECEMBER 30, 2014 AND JANUARY 9, 2015
6. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY ANNA AND GUILLERMO VARGAS; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
7. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY DIANE SCURLOCK; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
8. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY JAMES AND DONNA NOWLIN; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
9. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY JOSEPH ARSANTO; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
10. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY JOSE OCHOA-TORRES; DATE OF LOSS – NOVEMBER 14, 2014
11. AUTHORIZE OVERNIGHT TRAVEL FOR PLANS EXAMINER/ INSPECTIONS SUPERVISOR TO ATTEND CRW PERMIT SOFTWARE TRAINING ON FEBRUARY 2-6, 2015, IN CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA
12. RECEIVE AND FILE TREASURER’S REPORT DATED NOVEMBER 30, 2014
1. SELECT A REPRESENTATIVE FOR COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT’S JOINT POLICY COMMITTEE
2. APPROPRIATE FUNDING, ADD THE LIBRARY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2014/2015 CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLAN, AND APPROVE A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH COACHELLA VALLEY ENGINEERS, INC.
STUDY SESSION - NONE
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. CVAG COACHELLA VALLEY CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Evans)
2. CVAG ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Evans)
3. CVAG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Evans)
4. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (Evans)
5. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES DELEGATE (Evans)
6. SO. CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS (Evans)
7. CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS INSURANCE AUTHORITY (Franklin)
8. COACHELLA VALLEY MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (Franklin)
9. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (Franklin)
10. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY (Franklin)
11. CVAG PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
12. CVAG VALLEY-WIDE HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE (Osborne)
13. DESERT SANDS SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMITTEE (Osborne & Franklin)
14. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
15. COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT JOINT POLICY COMMITTEE
16. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (Pena)
17. CIVIC CENTER ART PURCHASE COMMITTEE (Pena and Radi)
18. COACHELLA VALLEY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (Radi)
19. CVAG TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (Radi)
20. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INFO EXCHANGE COMMITTEE (Radi)
21. PALM SPRINGS AIRPORT COMMISSION REPORT
1. CITY MANAGER – THE EAST VALLEY ECONOMIC GROUP
2. CITY ATTORNEY
3. CITY CLERK – UPCOMING EVENTS AND CITY CALENDAR
4. COMMUNITY SERVICES
A. DEPARTMENT REPORT – DECEMBER 2014
B. QUARTERLY MARKETING REPORT
5. PUBLIC WORKS – DEPARTMENT REPORT – DECEMBER 2014
6. POLICE DEPARTMENT QUARTERLY REPORT
7. FIRE DEPARTMENT QUARTERLY REPORT
MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBER’S ITEMS
PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on February 3, 2015, commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted on the City’s website, near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on January 16, 2015.
DATED: January 16, 2015
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Councilmembers during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Community Development counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.