Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Meeting
No Closed Session; Open Session begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Date: 03/03/2015 4:00 PM
- Location: City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the City Council. The link will be updated if any corrections are made at the meeting.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING ON TUESDAY, MARCH 3, 2015 AT 4:00 PM
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Councilmembers: Franklin, Osborne, Peña, Radi, Mayor Evans
CLOSED SESSION - NONE
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
1. RECOGNITION OF TEEN COMMUNITY EMERGENCY RESPONDERS TEAM (CERT)
NOTE: Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and can be approved by one motion.
1. APPROVE MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 11 AND FEBRUARY 21, 2015
2. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY GABRIELLA MONPLAISIR; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
3. DENIAL OF CLAIM FOR DAMAGES FILED BY MARIA BARBA; DATE OF LOSS – SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
4. AUTHORIZE OVERNIGHT TRAVEL FOR DEPUTY CITY MANAGER AND HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER TO ATTEND CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY LEAD2015 EVENT ON MARCH 31, 2015 IN LA PALMA, CALIFORNIA
5. AUTHORIZE CITY MANAGER TO EXECUTE AN AMENDMENT TO A PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT AND MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH MARVIN INVESTMENTS, INC. FOR SALE AND FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF CERTAIN PROPERTIES LOCATED IN THE LA QUINTA VILLAGE
6. APPROVE DEMAND REGISTERS DATED FEBRUARY 13 AND FEBRUARY 20, 2015
1. APPROVE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH SIGMANET, INC. FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
1. UPDATE ON CRIME TREND AND POLICE SERVICE STUDY RELATING TO COMMUNITY INPUT
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. CVAG COACHELLA VALLEY CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Evans)
2. CVAG ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Evans)
3. CVAG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (Evans)
4. GREATER PALM SPRINGS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (Evans)
5. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES DELEGATE (Evans)
6. COACHELLA VALLEY WATER DISTRICT POLICY COMMITTEE (Evans)
7. SO. CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS (Evans)
8. CALIFORNIA JOINT POWERS INSURANCE AUTHORITY (Franklin)
9. COACHELLA VALLEY MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY (Franklin)
10. JACQUELINE COCHRAN REGIONAL AIRPORT AUTHORITY (Franklin)
11. SUNLINE TRANSIT AGENCY (Franklin)
12. CVAG PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
13. CVAG VALLEY-WIDE HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE (Osborne)
14. DESERT SANDS SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMITTEE (Osborne & Franklin)
15. IID ENERGY CONSUMERS’ ADVISORY COMMITTEE (Osborne)
16. ANIMAL CAMPUS COMMISSION (Pena)
17. CIVIC CENTER ART PURCHASE COMMITTEE (Pena and Radi)
18. COACHELLA VALLEY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP (Radi)
19. CVAG TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE (Radi)
20. LA QUINTA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE INFO EXCHANGE COMMITTEE (Radi)
21. HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES DATED NOVEMBER 20, 2014
1. CITY MANAGER
A. COUNCIL CHAMBER AUDIO, VIDEO, AND CONTROL EQUIPMENT
B. RESPONSE TO PUBLIC COMMENTS – LA QUINTA MIDDLE SCHOOL
C. CITY COUNCIL iPADS
2. CITY ATTORNEY
3. CITY CLERK
4. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
A. 2015 INDIO POLO FIELDS GOLDENVOICE CONCERTS
B. DEPARTMENT REPORT
5. COMMUNITY SERVICES
A. LIBRARY AND MUSEUM QUARTERLY REPORT
B. LINKS PROGRAM (LEADERSHIP, INVESTMENT AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING)
MAYOR’S AND COUNCIL MEMBER’S ITEMS
PUBLIC HEARINGS – 5:00 P.M.
For all Public Hearings on the agenda, a completed “Request to Speak” form must be filed with the City Clerk prior to consideration of that item.
A person may submit written comments to City Council before a public hearing or appear in support or opposition to the approval of a project(s). If you challenge a project(s) in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing or in written correspondence delivered to the City at, or prior to the public hearing.
1. TABLE CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING FOR AN ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT, A GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT, ZONE CHANGE, SPECIFIC PLAN AMENDMENT, SITE DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND TENTATIVE TRACT MAP TO ALLOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF 82 SINGLE-FAMILY HOMES ON 20.8 ACRES OF LAND LOCATED AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF JEFFERSON STREET AND AVENUE 52 FOR BEAZER HOMES
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on March 17, 2015 commencing with open session at 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted on the City’s website, near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on February 27, 2015.
DATED: February 27, 2015
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
City of La Quinta, California
• The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the Councilmembers during a City Council meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Community Development counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.