Oversight Board of Successor Agency to the La Quinta Redevelopment Agency
The Oversight Board was formed in February 2012 pursuant to a California Assembly Bill (ABx1 26), which dissolved all redevelopment agencies in the State of California. The seven member Oversight Board consists of the following members:
• One member appointed by the County Board of Supervisors
• One member of the public appointed by the County Board of Supervisors
• One member appointed by the mayor of the city that formed the redevelopment agency
• One member from the recognized employee organization representing the employees of the former redevelopment agency
• One member appointed by the largest special district, by property tax share, with territory in the jurisdiction of the former redevelopment agency
• One member appointed by the County Superintendent of Schools
• One member appointed by the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges
The Oversight Board has fiduciary responsibility to the holders of enforceable obligations and the taxing entities that benefit from the distributions of property tax and other revenue. The Oversight Board will oversee the “winding down” process of the La Quinta Redevelopment Agency.
Click here to view the current ROPS .
Click here to view the Long Range Property Management Plan.
ABOUT MEETINGS AND AGENDAS
Regular Oversight Board meetings are held the first and third Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. at La Quinta City Hall.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the Board reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The Board also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Oversight Board Meeting
- Date: 09/16/2015 2:00 PM
- Location: La Quinta City Hall Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
(NOTE: The minutes linked in the agenda are considered draft minutes until approved by the Oversight Board. The link will be updated if any corretions are made at the meeting.)
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN PDF FORMAT
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL AGENDA IN PDF FORMAT
CLICK HERE TO TO PRINT DRAFT MINUTES FOR September 16, 2015
TO THE LA QUINTA REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
La Quinta City Council Chambers
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA
Regular Meeting on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
Board Members: Henderson, Howell, Marshall, Maysels, Nelson, Novak, Chair Osborne
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
This is the time set aside for public comment on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a “Request to Speak” form and limit your comments to three minutes. When addressing the Oversight Board, please state your name and address.
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
PRESENTATIONS - NONE
WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS - NONE
1. MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 18, 2015
1. ADOPT RESOLUTION APPROVING THE RECOGNIZED OBLIGATION PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR THE PERIOD OF JANUARY 1 THROUGH JUNE 30, 2016 (Resolution No. OB 2015-003 )
2. ADOPT RESOLUTION APPROVING SUCCESSOR AGENCY ADMINISTRATIVE BUDGET FOR JANUARY 1 THROUGH JUNE 30, 2016 (Resolution No. OB 2015-004 )
STUDY SESSION - NONE
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS - NONE
CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS’ ITEMS
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ITEMS
1. VERBAL UPDATE ON SUCCESSOR AGENCY MATTERS
The next regular meeting of the Oversight Board will be held on October 7, 2015 commencing at 2:00 p.m. at the La Quinta City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
I, Pam Nieto, Oversight Board Secretary, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the Oversight Board for Successor Agency to La Quinta Redevelopment Agency meeting of September 16, 2015 was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on September 11, 2015.
Dated: September 11, 2015
Oversight Board Secretary
The La Quinta City Hall Council Chambers is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at (760) 777-7103, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Oversight Board, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at (760) 777-7103. A one (1) week notice is required.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Oversight Board regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the City Clerk’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253, during normal business hours.