Regular City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday and usually begin at 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. If a Closed Session is scheduled, the meeting will begin at 3:00 or 3:30 p.m. Closed Sessions are not open to the public, but any decisions made in Closed Sessions will be announce during the open/public portion of the meeting.
Meeting agendas and staff reports are typically available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on the desired meeting event below. To view a staff report, open the agenda and click on the item title. Be aware that last minute changes are sometimes necessary and the City reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For a list of current Council members, click here.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (760) 777-7092 or email@example.com
Special City Council Meeting - Community Workshop
- Date: 01/16/2016 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: La Quinta Wellness Center
78450 Avenida La Fonda
La Quinta, California 92253
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA IN PDF FORMAT
La Quinta Wellness Center
Multi Purpose Room
78-450 Avenida La Fonda
La Quinta, CA 92253
SPECIAL MEETING ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 16, 2016
FROM 1:00 - 4:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Councilmembers Franklin, Osborne, Peña, Radi, Mayor Evans
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At this time, members of the public may address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "request to speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The City Council values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
1. CITY COUNCIL WORKSHOP TO DISCUSS THE CITY’S VALUES, ITS 2015 ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AND 2016 INITIATIVES
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on January 19, 2016, commencing with closed session at 3:00 p.m. and open session at 4:00 p.m. at City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Susan Maysels, City Clerk, of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta City Council meeting was posted near the entrance to the Council Chambers at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at the La Quinta Wellness Center at 78-450 Avenida La Fonda, Stater Brothers Supermarket at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on January 8, 2016.
DATED: January 8, 2016
SUSAN MAYSELS, City Clerk
• The La Quinta Wellness Center is a handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the City Clerk’s office at 760-777-7123, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
• If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the City Council, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the City Clerk’s office at 760-777-7123. A one (1) week notice is required.
• If background material is to be presented to the City Council during a meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the City Clerk for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
• Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Planning Department’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.