The Planning Commission (PC), established in 1982, is coordinated by the Design and Development Department and is comprised of five members appointed by the City Council. The Commission’s regularly scheduled meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The Commission’s primary function is to carry out the powers and duties as prescribed in the Planning and Zoning Laws of the State of California and the City of La Quinta Zoning Ordinance, as well as to serve as an advisory body to the City Council. The Planning Commission’s duties include developing and maintaining the City’s General Plan, consideration of new development applications, design review of new developments, development of specific plans, and similar planning duties.
For more information about the PC, contact us at email@example.com or (760) 777-7125.
Applications are accepted all year long and kept on file in the Clerk's office until a vacancy needs to be filled. For an Application to serve on the PC, click here. For a current list of Commission Members, click here.
ABOUT AGENDAS, STAFF REPORTS AND MINUTES
The Minutes for the Planning Commission meetings will not be available until they have been approved at the next regular meeting.
The meeting agendas are typically available not less than 72 hours prior to each meeting and may be downloaded by clicking on one of the Event links below.
Staff reports (unsigned, without attachments) are available by clicking on the item titles listed on the agenda, but may not be the latest version, as the City of La Quinta reserves the right to make changes to staff reports prior to the beginning of each meeting. The City also reserves the right to make changes to the order of items listed on the agenda.
For signed copies of staff reports, as well as any accompanying attachments, you may contact the Design and Development Department at (760) 777-7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR AGENDAS FOR CURRENT MEETINGS, GO TO THE CALENDAR
Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 07/11/2017 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
78495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, California 92253
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE AGENDA IN .PDF FORMAT
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta
REGULAR MEETING on TUESDAY, JULY 11, 2017 AT 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Commissioners Caldwell, Currie, McCune, Proctor, Quill, Wright and Chairperson Bettencourt.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPOINTMENT OF OFFICERS
1. Appointment of Planning Commission Chairperson
2. Appointment of Planning Commission Vice-Chairperson
PUBLIC COMMENT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
At this time, members of the public may address the Planning Commission on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please complete a "Request to Speak" form and limit your comments to three minutes. The Planning Commission values your comments; however in accordance with State law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda unless it is an emergency item authorized by GC 54954.2(b).
CONFIRMATION OF AGENDA
1. Approve Minutes of June 27, 2017
Beginning Resolution No. 2017-009
1. Site Development Permit 2017-0005 and Minor Adjustment 2017-0006 submitted by Prest Vuksic Architects, Inc. proposing the construction of a new 2,660 square-foot drive through restaurant on a vacant pad within the La Quinta Square Commercial Development. CEQA: previously reviewed under Environmental Assessment 2014-1002 and consistent the analysis previously approved. Location: near the southwest corner of Highway 111 and Simon Drive.
2. Conditional Use Permit 2017-0003 submitted by Prest Vuksic Architects, Inc. for T-Mobile Wireless proposing the placement of a 49-foot tall monopalm wireless telecommunication tower and mechanical equipment at La Quinta Square Commercial Center. CEQA: Exempt from Environmental Review pursuant to Section 15332 (Class 32) of the California Environmental Quality Act in that the proposed project can be characterized as in-fill development and Section 15303 (Class 3) for new construction. Location: near the southwest corner of Highway 111 and Simon Drive.
3. Site Development Permit 2017-0003 and Conditional Use Permit 2017-0001 submitted by The DBK Group proposing the development of a pool, bar theatre, putting green and Dog Park with the PGA West Community. CEQA: exempt from Environmental Review pursuant to Section 15303 of the California Environmental Quality Act insofar as the project will add small structures to an existing golf clubhouse and tennis complex. Location: 55955 PGA West Boulevard.
4. Environmental Assessment 2017-0005 and Zoning Ordinance Amendment 2017-0001 submitted by the City of La Quinta proposing amendments to Chapter 9.60 of the La Quinta Municipal Code relating to standards and criteria for accessory dwelling units within residential districts. CEQA: exempt pursuant to Section 15061 (b)(3) and requires no further review. Location: Citywide.
BUSINESS SESSION - None
STUDY SESSION - None
REPORTS AND INFORMATIONAL ITEMS - None
STAFF ITEM -
1. Joint meeting between the City Council and the City’s Boards and Commissions scheduled for Tuesday, July 18, 2017, at the La Quinta Library.
The next regular meeting of the Planning Commission will be held on July 25, 2017, commencing at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Council Chambers, 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253.
DECLARATION OF POSTING
I, Wanda Wise-Latta, Executive Assistant of the City of La Quinta, do hereby declare that the foregoing Agenda for the La Quinta Planning Commission meeting was posted on the outside entry to the Council Chamber at 78-495 Calle Tampico, and the bulletin boards at 78-630 Highway 111, and the La Quinta Cove Post Office at 51-321 Avenida Bermudas, on June 7, 2017.
DATED: July 6, 2017
WANDA WISE-LATTA, Executive Assistant
City of La Quinta, California
The La Quinta City Council Chamber is handicapped accessible. If special equipment is needed for the hearing impaired, please call the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118, twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting and accommodations will be made.
If special electronic equipment is needed to make presentations to the Commission, arrangements should be made in advance by contacting the Planning Division of the Design and Development Department at 777-7118. A one (1) week notice is required.
If background material is to be presented to the Commission during a Planning Commission meeting, please be advised that eight (8) copies of all documents, exhibits, etc., must be supplied to the Executive Assistant for distribution. It is requested that this take place prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item(s) on this agenda will be made available for public inspection at the Design and Development Department’s counter at City Hall located at 78-495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, California, 92253, during normal business hours.