This week the World Health Organization classified COVID-19 as a pandemic. The City of La Quinta is posting regular updates from the CDC and Riverside County Public Health about the actions to protect the community and slow the spread.
FIND Food Bank will be hosting a food distribution day this Saturday, March 28 at La Quinta Community Park
(77865 Ave. Montezuma La Quinta).
FIND’s Free Mobile Market community food distributions and FIND’s network of partner agency Food Pantries and community Feeding Sites will remain open.
PLEASE NOTE: All of our sites are practicing Social Distancing techniques at this time.
Please make sure to abide by the site’s policies when you arrive to ensure that everyone has the ability to receive food quickly and with the safety precautions our County and State public health officials are requiring.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizers prior to coming to the site and at the site if you have hand sanitizer with you.
- Only 1 person from the household should attend the site to pick up food for your family. Please leave other members in the parking lot to wait for you when you come away from the food area. They can meet you then to help.
- Leave children at home. Only bring children to the food site if you have no other child care options.
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SHOWING ANY OF THESE SIGNS: Coughing, sneezing and running a fever. You are able to have someone pick up food for you on your behalf and deliver it to you.
- When standing in line to receive food provide at least 2 arms length of space between the person in front of you and behind you.
- Step away from the line or outside if you need to cough or sneeze. Use your elbow to shield your face.