General Municipal Election
The next general municipal election for the City of La Quinta will be held in November 3, 2020.
You can register at any of these locations:
For additional voter registration information, please contact the Riverside County Registrar of Voters at (951) 486 - 7200 or (800) 773 - 8683,.
- Post Office
- City and County Offices
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Online at https://voteinfo.net or https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/
PUBLIC REQUESTS FOR COPIES OF CANDIDATE FILINGS:
Submit a Public Record Request to the City Clerk’s Office. Click here for form.
OFFICES & TERMS TO BE FILLED:
1 Mayor seat, 2-year term
2 Council Seats, 4-year terms
Registered voter living within the city at the time Nomination Papers are issued.
HOW TO BECOME A CANDIDATE:
Contact the City Clerk for an appointment to review requirements and receive filing documents at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 777-7035.
NOMINATION PERIOD FOR 2020: July 13, 2020 to August 7, 2018
REQUIRED FORMS TO FILE FOR CANDIDACY:
- Application for Nomination Papers
- FPPC Form 501 – Candidate Intention Statement
- FPPC Form 700 – Statement of Economic Interest
- Official Filing Form – consists of Affidavit, Oath, and Nomination Petition (minimum 20 signatures)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO FILE IF CANDIDATES DESIRE:
- FPPC Form 410 – if candidate forms a committee ($2,000 spend/receive threshold)
- Check for $50 – if the FPPC Form 410 is filed
- Ballot Designation Worksheet – if a ballot designation is desired
- Candidate Statement – if a 200-word statement is desired in ballot pamphlet
- Check for $500 deposit – if a Candidate Statement is filed
- Temporary Sign Permit – if political signs will be placed in the city
- Biographical Form – candidate info for press and voters
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices Agreement