Building permit fees are established during the plan check process. Permit, plan review and other impact fees which are collected at permit issuance are carefully calculated during plan review. You can estimate the cost of your building permit and determine the deposit amount to submit an application with the help of several forms provided below.
- Building Division Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Building Plan Check Deposit Schedule (PDF)
- Building Valuation Data (PDF)
- Development Impact Fee (DIF) Summary (for submittals on or after April 6, 2013) (PDF)
Single Family Dwelling Fee Example:
- Estimating the Cost of a Single Family Dwelling (SFD) Building Permit (example of fee calculation process, use applicable fee schedule) (PDF - 3 pages)
Fees Collected on Behalf of CVAG (Coachella Valley Association of Governments):
The City collects TUMF (Transportation Uniform Mitigation Fee) on all projects subject to the fee and permitted on or after April 22, 2013. This fee is collected at permit issuance. CVAG's TUMF Handbook and Fee Schedule is available on the CVAG Website Library.
*** TUMF Fee Update: Effective November 19, 2018*** More Information HERE
The City also collects a CVMSHCP (Coachella Valley Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plan) Fee on all applicable projects. The fee is collected at permit issuance. Additional information regarding the CVMSHCP is available at the Coachella Valley Conservation Commission website.