Obtaining a Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

FramingBuilding Permits are required to construct, modify, remove, improve, repair or alter residential and commercial structures.  This includes everything from erecting new residential and commercial structures to building garden walls, firepits and patio covers to replacing windows, water heaters and air conditioning units.  Building permits are required prior to starting any work whether you are a contractor or the home owner and intend to complete the work yourself.  Electrical

Building permits and fees vary in cost and scope based on the type of construction proposed.  Exemptions apply to some construction projects. 

For more information about building permits and fees, visit the Building Division at the Design and Development Department from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Fridays or call (760) 777-7125.

For more information for contractors and homeowners, visit the Contractors State License Board website.