*** IMPORTANT SHORT-TERM VACATION RENTAL UPDATE ***
CLOSURE OF SHORT TERM (30 DAYS OR LESS), VACATION RENTALS, TIME SHARES, HOTELS AND MOTELS
Pursuant to City Council Emergency Resolution EM 2020-001 and Chapter 2.20 of the La Quinta Municipal Code, Executive Order #7 has been issued by the City Manager and mandates the closure of Short term (30 Days or Less), vacation rentals, time shares, hotels and motels but are limited to the following:
· To house essential service workers related to COVID-19. Essential service workers are public safety and medical professionals, state, county, and city workers supporting the local emergency pandemic.
The following documentation is REQUIRED to be submitted to the City of La Quinta
from the homeowner to verify your exemption from Executive Order #7:
1. Business card from renter (essential worker)
2. Signed letter from renter stating essential service they are providing, why this service is essential and where they will be providing this service.
3. Renter to provide name and contact number to verify essential workers employment
**PLEASE SUBMIT THIS DOCUMENTATION TO TOMMI SANCHEZ AT TSANCHEZ@LAQUINTACA.GOV **
· Temporary lodging to protect homeless persons.
· Current renters are allowed to remain until contract ends.
· Current renter is allowed to remain if the renter has been displaced and cannot return to his/her residence because of the following:
1. A person residing at his/her residence must isolate or quarantine,
2. A higher risk of severe illness at the residence,
3. Due to travel restrictions or other circumstance beyond their control, or
4. Renter needs to isolate or quarantine themselves.
*** STVR'S IN VIOLATION - $5,000 FINE AND SUSPENSION OF LICENSE FOR 1 YEAR ***
** IN ORDER TO ENSURE WE HAVE ACCURATE INFORMATION ON FILE, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LOCAL CONTACT INFORMATION IS CURRENT. THANK YOU! **
** ALERT ** 24/7 STVR REPORTING HOTLINE NUMBER
Residents have the right to call a 24/7 hotline to report STVR violations at (760) 777-7157
IMPORTANT UPDATE :
Please be advised that effective September 16, 2019, the City of La Quinta Short-Term Vacation Rental annual registration/renewal fee will be increased to $205 per property. The business license fee will remain the same. We will begin enforcing this change on October 01, 2019. New applications, and registration renewal forms postmarked after that date will be subject to the fee increase.
Should you have any questions, you can make an appointment to meet with the Short Term Vacation Rental team, or please feel free to contact the team at 760-777-7000 or send an email to the following: email@example.com.
The City of La Quinta Short-Term Vacation Rental Program requirements were amended effective August 17, 2018:
- 3.25.040 B – Property owner to be the Short-Term Vacation Rental (STVR) permit holder.
- 3.25.050 C – STVR permit shall be valid only for the number of bedrooms approved by the city.
- 3.25.090 E – Three violation of the STVR regulations will result in a suspension of STVR permit.
- 3.25.090 F – Fines for STVR violations have increased to range from $500 - $5,000.
The adopted Short-term vacation rental ordinance can also be found on our website HERE. (Choose Title 3 then Chapter 3.25 SHORT-TERM VACATION RENTALS)
⇧ COMING SOON!! ⇧