What you should know before applying for a dog license:
- All dogs 4 months of age or older shall be licensed within 30 days. The maximum number of dogs per household allowed per La Quinta’s Municipal Code (10.24.040) is four (4).
- A rabies vaccination certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian must be provided. State and City Laws require that the rabies vaccination be valid for at least as long as the licensing period. No license will be issued or renewed if the certificate is not in order. The certificate must contain date of issuance and expiration, manufacturer number and serial number. PLEASE EXAMINE IT CAREFULLY. Your dog may have to be revaccinated.
- If applying for an altered fee, a certificate of sterility (spay/neuter) must be provided from a licensed veterinarian certifying that the dog has been altered. No reduced fees will be given without a certificate of spay/neuter.
- Renewal notices are issued by RIVERSIDE COUNTY DEPARTMENT of ANIMAL SERVICES (RCDAS). However, the responsibility for animal license renewal lies with the dog owner, and failure to receive the renewal notice will not relieve the applicant of an obligation for payment or penalties for the delinquency per La Quinta's Resolution 99-150 dated November 2, 1999.
- Fee Schedule
Unincorporated Riverside County, Coachella, Eastvale, Indian Wells, Jurupa Valley, La Quinta
Type of License
Altered Dog, owned by Senior Citizen 60+
Make checks and/or money orders payable to: County of Riverside
Late Fee: $20.00
Replacement Tag: 50% of the Replaced License Fee
*Senior w/Altered: Persons 55 years of age or older with altered dog. Proof of age based on California Drivers License or other identification.
Where and how to apply for a dog license:
As of May 6th, 2015, dog licensing applications will be processed by Riverside County Department of Animal Services (RCDAS). Residents will now obtain new licenses (or renewals) by any of the following methods:
- Online - click here to buy or renew your dog license.
- Mail-in Form - click here to download License Application Form.
- Any Riverside County Shelter - nearest facility for La Quinta residents:
- Coachella Valley Animal Campus
72-050 Pet Land Place
Thousand Palms, California 92276
To review samples of dog license renewal notices issued by RCDAS, click here.
For an instructional YouTube video, please click here.
Click here for additional information from RCDAS website.