Update on Public Safety Camera System (PSCS)
On June 18, 2019, City Council provided staff direction to:
- Obtain bids for the Public Safety Camera System (PSCS).
- Present Policies & Procedures for Council consideration.
Staff attained a proposal from Convergint Technologies Inc., the high scorer in the Pilot Program, to design a (PSCS) for Phases I - III.
Phase I includes 5 Main Arterial Streets, Phase II includes 14 Regular Streets, & Phase III includes 3 Major Parks.
Convergint Technologies will take 4-6 weeks to develop the design of Phases I through III..
The next steps are:
- From this design, camera integrators can bid on installation and maintenance of cameras with a Request for Proposal on city Website for 30 days.
- Policies & Procedures governing the use of the (PSCS) have had considerable public review and will be submitted for Council consideration.
- Once bids are received, obtain Council approval for a (PSCS) integrator contract to install Phases I-III of the (PSCS)
- Dovetail work once the Fiber Optics are installed (separate construction) in May or June of 2020.